Sunday, October 08, 2006

Camping at Yosemite

One time, when we went camping in Yosemite, there were a whole bunch of boulders around our campsite. The campground we were in was called White Wolf. I liked climbing on the boulders a lot. (Mom and Cam wrote about it too.)

We thought we might see bears at Yosemite. There was even a bear box we put our food in because we were afraid the bears might come and take it. We had to put everything that smelled like food in them.

The park ranger told us about some bears that were coming into the campground regularly. She said there was a sneaky bear that would even get the sack of marshmallows off the table right behind you when you were making smores. I thought that was a bit funny and I joked around about it. Unfortunately, we didn't see any bears. But we did see a coyote.

Also, there was a creek near the campground that had this natural bridge that wasn't made by people. I collected firewood and put it on the bridge. Not all of the firewood was good to work with though.








Cam found this really cool fort-type thing which you will hear about a little bit later. We climbed on top of a giant rock and I got on his shoulders and mom took a picture.

Back at the campsite, we roasted marshmallows. Sleeping in the tent was extremely cold. I didn't like it so much but I didn't complain about it. It was worth it.

No comments: