Monday, October 09, 2006

The lake we went to at Yosemite

When we were at Yosemite, we went on a long hike. It took a couple of hours but then we got to this small lake. The lake had some fallen over trees that went into it. I liked it quite a bit. And there were lots of water bugs in the small lake as well. (Mom and Cam wrote about it too.)

One part I didn't like is when I picked up a blade of grass and was making noises with it by pulling it between my fingers until I looked at my hands and saw that the grass had given me quite a few small cuts that lasted awhile. But they are all faded down now. At Safeway, I got another paper cut. It is kind of funny because the store is called Safeway but I got cut on cardboard there.

But back to the lake... Cam was on the other side of the lake when he took this picture. He was using one of the cameras where you can zoom in and out so he got us up close even though he was far away.








This is a picture of all three of the members in our family at the lake. Also, at the lake, there was a tree that had a small fork at the top.











Just before we left, we saw a deer come out of the woods and start trodding around on the opposite side of the lake. He started trodding towards the water as if he was going to the lake to get a drink. And we did see him drink.

And then we went back to our campsite and had a picnic. I felt like it had been a really good morning.

4 comments:

Eric Maddux said...

I think the deer took the picture of you across the lake not Cam.

I hope your tooth is doing better!

SwampDippers said...

Sam, I have really, really enjoyed getting your perspective on all our experiences. Thanks so much for blogging, buddy. Love you.

marymaddux6272 said...

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.

We figured out what is wrong with my tooth. It has gotten infected and we have to take it out tomorrow. I am feeling a bit nervous about it. Thanks for asking.

marymaddux6272 said...

You're welcome, Cam.

In fact, I actually enjoy blogging a little bit. But I do enjoy playing games on the computer a bit more.

Thanks for the experiences.