Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Half Dome (and an interesting little furry creature)

After playing in the boulder fort at Yosemite, we decided to go see the Half Dome. (Mom and Cam wrote about it too.) On the drive into the valley, we stopped for a small break and went down to see a waterfall that was big in some points and small in others. I am standing next to a small point. A big point is to my left. I could barely hear anything because my ears were popping from the change in elevation.

From Glacier Point, we could see two waterfalls in the distance. One of them was big and one of them you shall see up close after a few more pictures. I thought the view was magnificent.









This is the Half Dome. Cam and I are standing next to a map that shows what you could see from this point. I thought the Half Dome was amazing because of its gigantic size and because of how long it took people to climb it. Cameron said that most people did it in 18 hours. I think I would like to climb it someday but that day is not anytime soon. Maybe I'll try when I'm 17.


Here I am squatting on a rock that is close to the overlook and giving my mom a massage.












Here I am standing next to an interesting little furry creature that was quite curious and brave. He got very close to me. I felt surprised. I had never seen a squirrel so close before.










On our way back to the campground, we decided to stop for an up-close look at Bridal Veil Falls. It wasn't very wide because it wasn't rainy season. You could watch a drop fall all the way from the top to the bottom. I got pretty close to the base of the falls. I thought it was cool.






Then, we stopped at a creek. I wonder if it was caused by Bridal Veil Falls.








Cam picked me up and acted like he was going to throw me into the creek but he really didn't. It was fun and a little bit scary.







Here we are acting cool on a rock near the creek. That night, back at the campsite we roasted marshmallows and had smores. It was one of the most fun days I have ever had.

No comments: