Sunday, August 27, 2006

Letter to my teacher.

I had to write a letter to my teacher. Here is what I wrote:

Dear Ms. Bouton August 28, 2006
I am 9 years old. I didn’t always live in Tiburon. I was born in Des Moines, Iowa. I stayed there for a couple of weeks and then I went to Grandma and Grandpa’s house so that Grandma could take care of me, staying home and mom could work at the same time and I didn’t have to leave the house.

When I turned two, my mom and I got our own apartment. Then when I was three, we moved to St. Louis. Our downstairs neighbor was Carmella. I had my fourth birthday at a park in St. Louis. Then we went back to Iowa for a little while. We lived there for a couple of years. Grandma came to visit often and we had lots of fun.

When I was six, we moved to Chicago and stayed there for a couple of years. That’s where my mom met my step-dad, Cameron. They got married about a year after I met him. Now we live here in Tiburon and I go to Bel Aire School.

I like to play on the computer. My favorite computer game right now is The Lord of the Rings the Battle for Middle Earth. This is a game that is sort of like The Lord of the Rings but it only has the action parts and there is a battlefield that you have to claim and you get a certain amount of points. You can also get different amounts of points while playing the game while fighting and doing different tasks. What you usually do is try to destroy the enemy. But in one of them, what you do is run away from the enemy.

I have two cats. Their names are Dixie and Trixie. Dixie has a moustache and Trixie has a beard. They are entirely black and white. Last night, Trix was biting at my toe when it was underneath the covers. It didn’t really hurt, it tickled, actually. We were watching a movie. Mom and Cam asked me to be quiet and so I stopped bothering Trix.

I like music too. My favorite band is Green Day. They most definitely aren’t appropriate for school. The CD has a lot of bad words in it and it is very hard rock. The title of my favorite one even has a bad word in it. I like Kaiser Chiefs too. I think you might like that. It is hard rock but it doesn’t have that many bad words in it. There is a band with a funny name. It is called Chumbawamba and I like one of their songs. It is called, “I Get Knocked Down.”

So far, I think school is going great and that you are one of the best teachers I’ve had.

Your friend,

Sam E.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam!

I feel so honored to be a part of your BLOG! It's kind of cool to be referred to on your site! I hope that means that you are enjoying being a part of my/our class! I like having you as a student!
I really liked seeing the page about you, especially your favorite books and movies. I, too, enjoyed the book about Edward Tulane! I haven't seen the sequel to "Pirates of the Carribean", but I really want to!
You have done a great job here and maybe you can share it with the class!
Oh, and by the way, our class website has a BLOG on it, too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam,

Bobby and I miss you! It's good to see you are enjoying California.

I've been busy this summer. I directed an archaeological survey project in western Kansas and we found more than 50 sites!
We begin digging at 21 sites in September. A few of them are really old, maybe 10,000 years or more. Isn't that cool?

Your friend,

Janice

marymaddux6272 said...

Thanks for coming to my blog, Ms. Bouton. And thanks for saying so many nice things. I think that school is going great. I like that the silent reading time is at the beginning of the day. I will go visit the class blog now. See you tomorrow.

marymaddux6272 said...

Hi Janice,

California is fun, so far. It's been a long time since we've seen each other. I hope I will get to see you and Bobby sometime again soon.

It's awesome that you found so many sites on your project. What did you find at the sites?

That is totally cool about the sites being so old. I think that's a tenth of when the cavemen lived.

You're friend,

Sam