Saturday, August 05, 2006

The ocean.

Last weekend, we decided to go to the beach. We had a blast. This is a picture of my mom and me when we first got to the ocean. This was my first time going to the ocean since I moved to California.












When I got to the beach, this is a picture of my first time going into the waves with Cam.













In this picture, I am running out of the waves.














This is a close-up of a wave that was pretty small. But if you were out deep enough and the wave was strong enough and you were small enough, it would probably knock you down.












This is a big wave. It was about as fast as me. I had trouble out-running it.












This is a wave overlapping another wave which combines it into one wave and makes it faster.













This is a piece of a jelly fish's body that I found on the sand. It looked a lot like ice so I was going to pick it up and throw it into the ocean. I did pick it up but when I did, it felt like jello.











I am running into the waves and after a wave starts to go back into the water, then I start running.
















Here, I am running backwards, away from the waves. The waves are coming towards me.















Here I am getting soaked because a wave is crashing into Cam and me.











There is a huge wave coming down in the background that Cam and I are watching. It was becoming high tide.

3 comments:

Sarah M said...

Hi Sam,
Was the water cold? Did you see any six gill sharks...your favorite right?

marymaddux6272 said...

Hi Sarah,
The water was cold but not that cold. I got almost entirely wet.

The sand was the bummer. It got all caught up in my skin and made me hurt. It felt like there were at least 100 bee stings.

Luckily, I didn't see any six gill sharks. If I did, I bet they would have jumped out of the waves.

How have you been?

Lots of love,
Sam

marymaddux6272 said...

Hi Melissa!! Thanks for coming to my blog. It is great to hear from you.

It was fun playing in the waves. I know what you mean when you say be careful because once I went to a beach in Los Angeles with my Uncle John and I had lots of fun running into the waves and running away from them. Then, I fell into this really deep part where I took a couple of steps and the water was more than three feet deep. A couple of steps behind me it was just 6 inches. There was a very big wave coming. I tried to swim back to where it was shallower before the wave hit me but I didn't get there in time and the wave went over my head. It was pretty fun. Luckily, there wasn't another wave coming for awhile so I didn't have to worry.

How are things in Chicago? We all miss you too!!

Love,
Sam