Sunday, August 27, 2006

Music I like

My new teacher told us we could bring music to school. She was going to burn a couple of each of our favorite songs onto a cd that we could listen to in class.

I picked "Jungle Gym" from the soundtrack to Curious George by Jack Johnson and "Move Along" by the All American Rejects. Here is a letter I wrote to her about the assignment:

Dear Ms. Bouton, August 24, 2006


I like music too. At first I didn’t want to bring any music to share with the class because most of the songs I like best aren’t appropriate for school. My favorite band is Green Day. But my mom thinks some of the music I like is appropriate. She encouraged me to listen to some songs I like and divide them into groups.

Here is some music I like but don’t think I should bring to school:

1. American Idiot, Green Day, American Idiot

2. Kaiser Chiefs, Employment

a. Everyday I Love You Less & Less

b. Rest of CD

3. Recognize, Better Than Ezra, Closer

4. Easy, Cowboy Mouth, Easy

5. Devil’s Haircut, Beck, ODelay

6. Beverly Hills, Weezer

7. Detroit Swing 66, Gomez, In Our Gun

8. Mr. Brightside, Killers, Hot Fuss

9. Undone – the Sweater song, Weezer, The Blue CD

10. Rhett Miller, The Instigator

a. The El

b. This is What I Do

11. Where is the Love? Black Eyed Peas, Elephunk

Here is some music I like and think might be OK for school:

1. Jungle Gym, Jack Johnson (featuring G. Love), Curious George (#6)

2. Move Along, All American Rejects, Move Along (#3)

3. Jenny Was A Friend of Mine, Killers, Hot Fuss (#1)

4. Cowboy Mouth, Are You with Me?

a. Love of My Life (#7)

b. Jenny Says (#1)

c. How Do You Tell Someone? (#2)

d. Take It Out On Me (#4)

5. Do What You Want, Gertrude, Gertrude

There are more songs I like but Cameron is home and we are going to have dinner now. Let me know if you want to hear more or would like me to bring in more music.

Your friend,

Sam E.

1 comment:

Eric Maddux said...

Good choice of Songs.