Monday, August 07, 2006

Sculptured beach

We decided to go back to the beach. We found these birds when we first got to the ocean. They were funny the way they ran into the waves in order to get food then ran away from the waves. I am having lots of fun in the very strong winds that are freezing cold.
I am running to chase after a quail, funny-looking birds with a thing like a rooster on its head.
This rock looks like it has the faces from Mt. Rushmore carved into it.
This is a piece of a creek that had a little bit of waterfalls.
Here, I am walking over the waterfalls and the creek. It felt like I was strong.
I think this rock would be very hard to climb.
There are three pieces of a crab here. It was pretty cool. The inside of the middle piece was hollow with absolutely nothing in it.
Here I am sitting on a huge rock. It was very cold and a little bit scary.
Here I am climbing out of the spot I was in in the last picture.
Here I am pretending to be strong. It was a joke.
This is a picture of the waves that are going into the small pools of water.
Here is a picture of me after I got wet from the waves. When I was standing on the edge of the rocks, a wave splashed up and got me all wet. I was very surprised.
Here is a picture of a hole in the rock that went all the way down to the sand on the ground.
These rocks are covered with clams.
My mom was a little afraid to climb on one part of the rocks. I helped her. Here is a picture of me and my mom in the big rocks.
Attached to a tree by the beach was a ball tied to a rope. Cam and I hit it back and forth. Later, I hit is by myself. I had fun hitting it as hard as I could. Here I am using it as a swing.
This is a picture of a wave crashing down at the beach.

5 comments:

Eric Maddux said...

Are you catching any of these sea animals that you show pictures of? Tell your Mom and Cam to buy some chicken necks and string and go catch the crabs and boil them for dinner.

marymaddux6272 said...

I didn't catch any sea animals yet. I'm sure I will go fishing. I am looking forward to it.

I was surprised to learn crabs like chicken necks. Have you ever caught a crab with one? If so, maybe you could show me how when you come for a visit.

SwampDippers said...

so be sure to bring some chicken necks in your luggage, eh chief.

Eric Maddux said...

I have caught dozens and dozens of crabs with chicken necks. They love them.

marymaddux6272 said...

I'm looking forward to trying it.