Thursday, August 03, 2006

My first ever mountain climb that was on Ring Mountain.

On my first Saturday in California, Mom and Cam took me for a hike up Ring Mountain.

Cam was hiking faster than my mom and me. He went ahead and climbed a boulder without us noticing him. We stopped to let some people by. When we turned around to say hi to the people, we noticed Cam sitting on a big boulder. We had passed him without realizing it. I asked Mom if I could climb the boulder and she said yes. In this picture, I am sitting on top of a big boulder next to Cameron on Ring Mountain. It felt like I was very powerful.

After Cam and I climbed down from the first boulder, we all walked up the path a bit and found another boulder to climb. Mom even climbed this boulder. This one was different from the first because it had plants growing on it.





There were some really cool trees on the path too. Here I am climbing a tree we found that was pretty easy to climb except that it was narrow so I used my feet and my hands to climb it. The tree looked like a hard to get through path of lasers.

Finally, we made it to the top of Ring Mountain. There we found an enormous boulder. It was bigger than both of the boulders we had climbed before. I could see the entire mountain range and the valley from the top.

I am on top of the big boulder that I talked about in the last picture. I climbed up all the way and Cam is coming to join me. This boulder is on the topmost point of Ring Mountain.

Here, it looks like I am on the tip of a huge rock. But actually, the rock isn't any bigger than what you see in the picture. It was very cold on our hike of Ring Mountain, coldest at the top where you could see the Bay. But it got warmer as we hiked down the mountain because we weren't up so high in the clouds. At the peak, there was a very heavy breeze that would knock my hood off. When we got to the bottom, I was very hungry so I had a snack and then we ate out for lunch that day. We left the house at 9:30 to do the hike.

2 comments:

SwampDippers said...

excellent recollection of a truly fun hike. I am looking forward to many more Ring Mountain hikes with you, Sam.

Let's also find some bigger rocks to climb, eh?

marymaddux6272 said...

Yes. Let's do find some bigger rocks to climb and it was a very fun hike. And you two made it fun. Thanks for having the idea.